Frequently Asked Questions

We’ve comprised a list of questions to help answer questions that you may have.

The place where Healing  begins

Click on a question below to expand and reveal the answer.

Hidden First Tab

Closed tab

What should/can I bring to residential treatment?

It’s important to bring items that will support your stay and recovery. This typically includes comfortable clothing, toiletries, any prescribed medications, a form of identification, and insurance information. You may also bring your phone, books, and journals. Prohibited items include drugs, alcohol, weapons, and valuables.

Does insurance cover my stay in residential treatment?

Coverage for residential treatment varies by insurance plan and provider. Many insurance plans cover addiction treatment, but the extent of coverage can differ. Please contact us or your insurance provider directly to understand what is covered under your plan.

Can I go to HCFW while pregnant?

Hitchcock Center for Women (HCFW) has specialized programs for pregnant women. These programs are designed to address both addiction and prenatal care to ensure the health and safety of both the mother and the unborn child. It’s important to communicate your pregnancy to us beforehand.

Am I allowed to have my cell phone?

Yes. You are allowed to bring your cell phone into treatment but are not allowed to use it doing counseling. Videos and pictures of the facility are also prohibited to protect patient identity.

Is smoking permitted?

Yes. We have designated smoking areas located outside.

How do I know if I need treatment?

Signs that you may need treatment include inability to control substance use, neglecting responsibilities, experiencing withdrawal symptoms, and continued use despite harmful consequences. Seeking our professional assessment can help determine if treatment is necessary.

How long will I be in treatment?

The length of treatment varies depending on individual needs, the severity of addiction, and the specific program. Treatment can range from a few weeks to several months. Ongoing assessment during treatment helps determine the appropriate length of stay. For residential treatment, most insurance companies start with a 30-day approval.

Is medication-assisted treatment available?

HCFW does not deny access to medication-assisted treatment (MAT), which combines medications with counseling and behavioral therapies. MAT can be effective for treating certain types of substance use disorders, such as opioid addiction. You may partner with outside agencies to receive medication during your stay.

What are the living accommodations like?

Living accommodations in our residential treatment and recovery housing facilities offer private rooms for all clients. Common areas, dining facilities, laundry facilities, and recreational spaces are also provided. We aim to create a safe, comfortable environment conducive to recovery.

Can I have visitors?

Visitor policies differ based on the level of care and specific situations. Generally, during your stay on campus, we permit visitors during specified hours. Initially, visitors are typically restricted to professional services, including peer support, probation officers, or child services representatives. The visitor policy becomes more flexible after the initial 30 days on campus.

We’re here to help you move forward, one step at a time.

Call us at (216) 421-0662 to learn more about our supportive Recovery Housing accommodations and services.