08 May We Are Hiring: Residential Substance Use Counselor
We are hiring a counselor in our residential treatment program.
This full-time position is responsible for providing substance use treatment services to women in a residential program. The counselor maintains a caseload of clients and provides the following, but not necessarily all inclusive services: assessments, treatment plans and review, individual and group counseling, case management, aftercare planning and discharge paperwork. Hours vary depending on agency needs. Benefits available include: medical, dental, vision, paid holidays and paid time off.
Interested candidate must possess knowledge and experience in substance use disorder treatment, treatment planning, substance use counseling (group and individual) and use of DSM-5 diagnostic criteria. Must possess the following: ability to work with diverse groups of people and ability to perform job responsibilities with a high degree of initiative and independent judgment. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills. Practical and creative problem solving skills.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s degree preferred;
- Must be licensed in the State of Ohio as Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant (CDCA) or higher;
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with adult women in substance use treatment, 3 years preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of computer, Microsoft Office products preferred
Qualified candidates can send their resumes to Sue Tager at Stager@hcfw.org.